• * The center of assisted medical procreation of the CHU St Pierre is specialised in reproductive medicine. Reference center: quality label ISO 9001 obtained in 2008 and accredited by the AFMPS (Agence Fédérale des Médicaments et Produits de Santé).

Our treatment options > In vitro fertilization
In vitro fertilization (IVF)

In vitro fertilization consists of collecting mature oocytes produced by the ovaries and putting them in direct contact with sperm outside the woman’s body. The embryo(s) thus obtained is(are) deposited in the uterus.

Read more...
 
Stimulation in in vitro fertilization

The aim of stimulating the ovaries in IVF is to ensure the simultaneous development of several follicles instead of just one in order to be able to collect several oocytes and to thus obtain several embryos so that at least one of them with a good morphology can be transferred.

Read more...
 
Sperm collection

In AR, sperm is collected through masturbation 97% of the time. In the remaining 3% of cases, it is surgically retrieved.

Read more...
 
Oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer

Oocyte retrieval is programmed 34 to 36 hours after the hCG injection. The patient is hospitalised for part of the day, until 14:00 in general.

Read more...
 
A few figures

It is estimated that 500 000 IVF cycles take place every year worldwide. InBelgium, the number of IVF attempts borders on 18 000 cycles. This means that more than 3000 babies are born inBelgiumevery year as a result of IVF (2.5 % of births).

Read more...
 
Complications

Severe complications following in vitro fertilization are infrequent (about 2 %) but they need to be correctly diagnosed and taken care of in order to minimise the risk of after-effects.

Read more...
 


Plan du site CHU Saint Pierre - Bâtiment 200, 5è étage . Département de Gynécologie-Obstétrique

Centre de Fécondation In vitro - 322, Rue Haute - Bruxelles Tel +32(0)2 535 3406 Fax +32(0)2 535 3409